This will be the first installment in a series of articles we are calling “Online Marketing for Small Business“.
In today’s market a web presence is a necessity and good web presence can make or break a new business. I’ve compiled a list of sites to register your business with & actions you can take to make sure you start off right with your Online Marketing.
Create a master sheet of links, usernames and passwords for all the accounts you set up and keep it somewhere safe. This will save your online marketing agency a lot of grief and billable hours trying to track down your information. Assuming you have a domain name and web hosting you should also include the details of those accounts on this “Master Sheet”.
Online Marketing Checklist
- Google+ – Google+ isn’t the big Social Success Google thought it would but it is Google so you should still it up
- Search Console – a must have for every website
- Google My Business – another must have, set this one up asap
- Google Analytics – by far the best way to track your sites analytics
- YouTube – since Google owns youTube you can set up a business page via your Google account, we recommend doing this if you are creating or sharing videos
- Facebook – a personal account is required to add your business to Facebook but they do a very good job of keeping them separate
- Twitter – a different approach than Facebook, each twitter account is separate so you don’t need a personal account to set up your business. We recommend doing this to secure your “Twitter Handle”
- LinkedIn – you will need a LinkedIn account to add your business but again the more quickly you can lock down the handle for your business page the better
Hospitality Online Marketing
If you are running a restaurant, hotel or attraction there are a few more accounts you should consider setting up:
- Tripadvisor – very easy to set up, all you need is the basic information for your business. Once you submit the listing it does up to five days to get a response.
- OTA’s – If you are running hotel you know what these are 🙂
- Open Table – this is a great tool to use for your restaurant and very popular with tourists
Are you just too busy?
Need some help getting your business ready for online success give us a call at 250-474-4723 or contact us here and we would love to help!