Custom Web Applications
Businesses continue to expand their web sites with unique customer tools and applications to interact with their data. Custom web applications are created to make these tools brand-specific. These types of systems include (but are not limited to):
- Shopping carts
- Dynamic ordering and billing systems
- Member or customer management
- Inventory and resource management systems
- Private client access to documents
- Automated customer relations
The list is literally endless!
Most custom web applications are database driven systems that include some aspect of consumer interaction, are a few examples we have built:
- Freedom Kilts – Kilt Wizard and shopping cart, this application guides customers through a series of measurements and options required when ordering a custom made kilt
- In Bloom Floral Boutique – Online ordering and customer tracking systems and Point of Sales
- Enviro Fire – Order status tracking system, Real time inventory tracking, warranty registration and warranty\repair claims
- Lymphoma Survival – Membership management, Newsletter distribution and protected article distribution
- S.A.L.T.S – Custom forms created to interface with a third party customer relations management software
- Victoria Garage Sales – Custom site for posting garage sale listings
Dynamic Web Sites
Dynamic web sites provide more then just the basic information about a business and its products and services. Dynamic web sites include everything from shopping carts such as Triangle Healing Products or Freedom Kilts a completely PayPal integrated web site store front.
Creating a “Dynamic Website” can be a fun and easy process by following these steps:
- Is your site ready to be dynamic?
- Set goals and direction
- Create the code, database and insert the content
- Promote the site
Is your current site ready to be dynamic?
Usually, the best place to start when developing a custom web site is creating the template that will be used for the dynamic pages of your site. If we are creating a new web site for you, then we will design the required template when we do the initial graphic design.
If we are going to be adding new dynamic elements to your existing site, then we will create a template based on your current design to be used on the dynamic page.
Set goals and direction
Dynamic web sites are generally created for two purposes.
- You require a large site with many similar pages that will be easily updated such as product pages for a shopping cart or listings in a directory
- You are attempting to solve a problem or automate a procedure for your customers or staff through utilizing your website such as having a searchable database or performing specific calculations, such as a “Build your Own Widget” wizard.
The main point is to know your goals so we can achieve them.
Create the code, database and inserting the content
Building dynamic web sites requires a slightly different process than a static page. In some case, a shopping cart for instance, the products may appear to be shown on thousands of pages when technically it is one single page that gets it’s content from a database. This saves countless hours of content insertion and future maintenance.
The other side of this is the need for database design and population. Our programmers have been building database drive websites for over 15 years. We have the experience to be efficient in both our programming and database design & population.
Can a dynamic site be optimized?
Yes it can!
Optimizing a dynamic site, like building one, is different than a typical static site. There are many factors to consider and we are more than happy to sit down with you and review the best approach for your dynamic web site.
Promote the web site
The most common mistake on the internet is thinking “If you build it, they will come”. You may have the coolest, most optimized informative web site in the world but no one will know unless you tell them!
At the launch of each new web site we automatically perform a few steps to help get your site off to a good start:
- Installation of a web site traffic tracking tool
- Business Registration in Google
- Manual submission to Google, Bing & Alexa
- Link off of our web site (this helps get search engines there faster)
- Automated Bulk submission to over 1,000 smaller web engines and spiders
So how do you grow your web site from here? We have a number of ways to help get your site off to a good start and build a following.
As the Internet evolves web promotion continues to get much more diverse. Below are a few areas where we can offer assistance or management for you:
- Facebook pages, groups and advertising
- Twitter set-up and management
- Pay Per Click advertising such as Google, Bing & Facebook
- General Site promotion such as:
- Article submission to related web sites and forums
- Link & Banner exchanging
- Affiliate set up for e-commerce